I grew up in Japan and spent early years in swimming competitively (that’s when I got my Double Under skill!). I came to the U.S. in 1996 to study Exercise Science at Ball State University. I became a group fitness instructor and personal trainer at Ball State and started managing fitness programs as a graduate assistant while obtaining a Master’s degree in Wellness Management.
Although I was an avid fitness enthusiast who enjoyed weight training, swimming, running, and yoga regularly, when I found CrossFit in 2012, it totally changed me not only physically but also mentally. I love the fact CrossFit makes me appreciate what I have here and now, but also make me stay humble (because I cannot be good at everything!). I started coaching CrossFit in 2014 and I really enjoy training and coaching here at Lake Highland Strength and Conditioning with wonderful coaches and awesome members!
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Exercise Physiologist
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer, and Health Coach
- Aerobics & Fitness Association of America (AFAA) Primary Group Exercise Instructor, and Yoga Instructor
- Spinning Instructor, and Schwinn Indoor Cycling Coach
- American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR/AED
- B.S. in Exercise Science and M.S. in Wellness Management from Ball State University, Muncie, IN