Kurt grew up and graduated high school in Grand Rapids, Michigan. There he played a variety of sports including swimming, golf, track, and water polo. After high school, Kurt spent three years in the Army as a Deep Sea Diver. While in the Army Kurt was stationed at Ft Stewart, GA; The Naval Diving and Salvage Training Center at Panama City Beach, FL; Ft Eustis Va; and spent six months in the Persian Gulf during Operation Desert Storm. After an Honorable Discharge from the Army Kurt returned to Michigan where he attended Michigan State University. More recently, Kurt has been working as a personal trainer since 2009. Kurt lives in Lake Highlands with his wife Jenna, their three kids Casey, Julian, and Quin, and a couple cats.
- CrossFit Level 1 Instructor
- CrossFit Movement and Mobility
- CrossFit Coaches Prep Course
- USAW Level 1 Sports Performance
- Cooper Institute: Certified Personal Trainer
- National Academy of Sports Medicine: Certified Personal Trainer